Need help with installing Snowboy add-on on HASS.IO. Installation always fails

Hey all,

I’ve been trying for about 48 hours now to install the snowboy add-on that comes with the Rhasspy add-on repository. For some reason when it gets to the line RUN pip3 install --no-cache-dir snowboy-1.3.0.tar.gz it stops and throws error. I’ve tried installing the add-on locally and it didn’t help either.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to continue?

Edit: Whoops forgot to mention Im on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+. First time using HASS.IO so it’s all new to me.

If you install the latest Rhasspy addon, you do not need the Snowboy addon

Maybe im a little too wet behind the ears, but how would I go about doing that?

Is this the repository of the add-on?

One little addendum to my original post, I found out after going back over the documentation again, that snowboy does not work on my model of the pi (Raspberry Pi 3 B+) as seen here: https://rhasspy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/hardware/

If installing the new version doesnt work, could anyone lead me in the direction of a good wake word detection method? Seems that Porcupine no longer support Raspberry Pi for personal use.

Yes it does, but install the 32bit version of Home Assistant, not the 64bit version.
That can be read right under that support table :slight_smile:

That is indeed the correct repo, install Home Assistant and the Rhasspy Addon.
In the addon you can choose Snowboy as WakeWord engine, that should work.

Please inform if it does or does not

Oh boy, my bad. Became a bit of a hasty bear in the excitement of setting everything up. Appreciate the help.

Do you happen to know of any of the advantages/disadvantages of the 32 bit version vs the 64 bit version?

Well, you cannot run the Snowboy wakeword :smiley:

I do not know really, the 32bit is recommended anyway.