Where to start?

Hi @koan how did you get your setup to work with MaryTTS.

The play back speed is sped up as if it is fast-forwarded.

Could you give some pointers?

Hi @koan !! :slight_smile: Could you please provide instructions for building/installing that MaryTTS voice dfki-prudence-hsmm? I took a very quick look at the MaryTTS github, and am not certain where to get started. Will I need to install a full MaryTTS environment on my Raspbian OS? Thank you in advance for EVERYTHING you do for this Rhasspy community.

@FredTheFrog are you using docker? synesthesiam released a docker image for maryTTS here: https://rhasspy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/text-to-speech/#marytts

1 Like

Thank you!! Most appreciated.

I didn’t do anything special: I swapped out eSpeak for MaryTTS and it just worked. This doesn’t seem to be a MaryTTS issue, but an issue with the settings for your audio device.

I use the Docker image, works fine here.

1 Like

Hmm :thinking: if my audio settings were the issue, I would think that espeak should also exhibit the same issue, but it does not. Espeak is the only TTS that works (meaning I can hear the words, and not something that sounds like its fast-forwarded). Can anyone point me to some docs to help me start diagnosing this issue. I’m not really sure what keywords to search for.