Home assistant - How install Rhasspy

No, it does not but porcupine should work fine :slight_smile:

The default audio device says its working, so let’s indeed assume it does :slight_smile:

Do you already have some sentences configured?

Cool, do the other settings like Sppeech to text, intent recognition, text to speech, audio playing, dialogue mgm and intent handling matter for my use case?

No sentences setup yet and like I said I’d be happy to be able to trigger a switch on/off. Say I have a switch (actually a zigbee switch plug) called LoungePlugFairy where I plugged some fairy lights in.

How would I go about being able to turn those on/off via rhasspy?

I do not know your use case, but you have set should work.

Well, without sentences filled (and intents), nothing will happen :wink:
You need Rhasspy to recognize and intent and the intenthandler (Home Assistant) to do something with it.

Have you also installed the MQTT addon?

Why do you need to install mqtt if rhasspy is install as add-on ? Could you explain please ?

Thank you

Because when you want to send a response back to Rhasspy (for instance a spoken confirmation), you need to publish a message on the endSession topic.
Home Assistant can do that with the mqtt.publish service.
So if you connect both Rhasspy and Home Assistant to the same broker, it makes things much more easy.
You could also configure HA to use Rhasspy’s broker however, if that is what you’d prefer.

1 Like

Don’t use Rhasspy on HA Core. It just bricked my setup.

At the microphone setup phase, it

1. wouldn’t detect any of the 2 devices connected (a USB standalone mic and a Logitech headset)
  2. hung repeatedly, making the supervisor unresponsive
  3. finally, the Pi won’t boot anymore.

You mean the addon? Runs fine for over a year in my setup.
Are you sure it is not the SD card failing?

Definitely. Exceptions seem to be handled poorly. Accessing the console I can see that HA responds for a few minutes (no UI access though), until it just hangs. Was it an USB enumeration issue, or something else, I don’t know.

I didn’t know the name of the integration to try and uninstall it through console, and just typing ‘addons’ rushes the entire list past the screen buffer :frowning:
After a few hangs, it just went into the ‘emergency console’…

Serves me right for enabling it on startup.

Ok strange, I think you are the first one having these issues with Rhasspy and HA.
Typing addons will indeed list all available addons.

Maybe there are more people who have this issue and hopefully they reply in this topic.

I’ve gone out and purchased another microphone, just to try… No dice. Rhasspy just won’t recognize them at all. PySound, arecord… nothing. That’s a total of four different mics so far (two standalones, one from the Logitech headset, and another from a Logitech webcam) :confused:

I’m now going for a dedicated Pi to try it out. If I manage there and verify the hardware, I’d be willing to go back and try to debug the issue with Hassio if you want.

EDIT: Works like a charm on a dedicated Pi. Both standalone microphones recognized, didn’t even bother with the headset and camera. Tried exchanging Pi’s while I was at it, and Rhasspy causes the Hassio supervisor to hang, like before.

Just installed Rhasspy on HA Supervised install. I have 2 usb microphone devices that are recognised by the OS and HA in the System Hardware list.
In Rhasspy they come up as “Working” when selecting arecord in Audio Recording but not when PyAudio is selected. Only see default*(1) and pulse(0) and neither will test as ok.
Is there something I am missing?
TIA
EDIT: All fixed. Did a manual install of pyaudio and now pulse(0) and default*(1) are now showing as working.
EDIT: And then it’s not working!