Custom commands for specific intents only

As far as I can see the way custom commands are either not used or always called. I think it would be a nice feature if I could call a custom command for a specific intent.

For example right now I am trying to get rhasspy to tell me the current weather so I call rhasspy_weather.py every time, go through the if else statement and then proceed to forward everything to hass regardless if it has been handled by the script or not.

What I think would be useful would be a way to tell rhasspy if the GetWeatherForecast intent was found then just call this script, if no script was specified for the intent then just forward to rhasspy. This would make it waaay easier to get rhasspy to handle things not intended for hass and it would make it even easier to pass around custom commands to other users because they won’t have to edit their custom command but just point the intent to the right script

1 Like

Hi,
Same need if it’s possible.

I would also need this feature. Very nice :slight_smile:

Could be nice yes. But I really think we first have to make rhasspy 2.5 working great and robust. Once there we can think about such skill engine and implement it. Trying to do it all in one go make things complicated to follow and debug.

But yes, we could even have some sort of skill repository like old snips market but a lot easier to manage and implement into every one device, with direct local access to skill code.

2 Likes

I fully agree with you and really like your idea :slight_smile: