USB mic not showing up on Rhasspy Web interface

Hello,

I just started with Rhasspy and I have my USB mic plugged into my RPi 4. The Rpi 4 recognizes it and I can record my voice and play it back when I test it using arecord and aplay.

How come my USB mic doesn’t show up here:

I referred to the guide and it talks about profiles. how do I accesses those? Where can they be found and what do I have to add in order for my mic to be recognized by Rhasspy?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

If you change the Audio Recording option to arecord, save, and restart Rhasspy, do you still run into the same problem?

No.
Thanks the mic is recognized now. Now I have to get it to actually work.

As I said before, when I ran tests on my RPi I could hear my voice through the mic but on the web interface here, I can’t test the mic (using the test button next to the refresh button. When I hit it, the device goes back to default).

And when I hit the “Wake Up” button and say “What time is it” nothing happens. It keeps saying “Listening for commands”, then times out.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

When you press “test”, the software will test if it can use any of the detected microphones.
After pressing test, expand the select box and you will see “(working!)” next to the microphones that work.

1 Like

I have the same problem, but when I put test I get a TimeOutError error (the same thing happens with arecord and with pyaudio).

I use one of these adapter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRVQ0F8 (It works because I already tried it, but I can’t get it to work with Rhasspy).

Can you help me?

What’s your setup? Are you running Rhasspy on a dedicated Pi, or as a container, or…?

I had a similar problem, and had to set a single Pi aside just for Rhasspy, since it couldn’t get hold of microphones through Home Assistant’s Docker.

1 Like

I am using Jetson Nano. I have two microphones (one with the JACK adapter and the other USB), both work but it does not appear in the list of devices, I think I have to add it manually, but I honestly do not know how.

I found this page: https://gist.github.com/ChriRas/b9aef9771a97249cb4620e0d6ef538c4

When I run:

pactl list short sources

It shows all the microphones that I have, but, as I said, they do not appear on the Rhasspy list.

What am I doing wrong? Note: yes, I use Docker. I’m testing with PyAudio and Arecord, honestly I don’t have any configuration, I just select PyAudio or arecord, click on restart, refresh, and select the ones that show me in the list.

When I run:

arecord --format=S16_LE --duration=5 --rate=16000 --file-type=raw out.raw

And then:

aplay --format=S16_LE --rate=16000 out.raw

It works perfectly with my microphone (Jetson nano does not have an internal microphone).

Heh, you’re better off than me regarding PyAudio and Arecord behaviour. I couldn’t get them to “see” my microphones. I’m afraid my knowledge of the subject is exhausted :frowning:

1 Like

You can’t see my microphones, they don’t appear in the list. What did you do to fix it?

Installed Rhasspy directly on its own Raspberry Pi, via Docker method. I first had it sharing one with Home Assistant, but that made problems.

Rhasspy often just show “default device” in the dropdown device lists, even when the device currently in use is something else.
You then have to click the refresh button to actually get Rhasspy to fill out the dropdown device list.

You might not have this sound card, but their guide to test it is excellent and simple.
Just scroll down till point 2 and do that and point 3 too.

https://wiki.seeedstudio.com/ReSpeaker_4-Mic_Linear_Array_Kit_for_Raspberry_Pi/

I’m using a jabra 510 with rhasspy on docker on raspberry pi 4. When I tap refresh (for mic or speaker), or “test” for mic, I get a timeout. Any ideas? Im unable to see any devices! The devices work on aplay and arecord elsewhere on the pi, just not visible in rhasspy. I’ve done all suggestions

[ERROR:2023-07-05 10:39:22,702] rhasspyserver_hermes:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/rhasspy/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/quart/app.py”, line 1821, in full_dispatch_request
result = await self.dispatch_request(request_context)
File “/usr/lib/rhasspy/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/quart/app.py”, line 1869, in dispatch_request
return await handler(**request_.view_args)
File “/usr/lib/rhasspy/rhasspy-server-hermes/rhasspyserver_hermes/main.py”, line 796, in api_microphones
microphones = await core.get_microphones()
File “/usr/lib/rhasspy/rhasspy-server-hermes/rhasspyserver_hermes/init.py”, line 849, in get_microphones
handle_finished(), messages, message_types
File “/usr/lib/rhasspy/rhasspy-server-hermes/rhasspyserver_hermes/init.py”, line 995, in publish_wait
result_awaitable, timeout=timeout_seconds
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 449, in wait_for
raise futures.TimeoutError()
concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutError