Tips and tricks

Hi,

I’ve begin to write some stuff on rhasspy.

Nothing amazing actually, also a personal reminder, but could be interesting for some.

If you see errors or stuff to add, let me know.

Once Rhasspy is ready with full hermes and service architecture I will publish different tools I wrote.

=> https://kiboost.github.io/jeedom_docs/other/Rhasspy/

Just helping and sharing :beers:

6 Likes

@KiboOst, that is an amazing page of info, great job, that will help a lot of people.

Thanks. Should be updated regularly when I find new stuff and new tools :wink:

Hi,

Just updated some stuff:

:beers:

1 Like

Hi @KiboOst,
the on/off toggle solution for the Respeaer 2 PiHAT seems really interesting, but I didn’t quite understand what steps actually are necessary to do this. Would you mind elaborating in a few easier explained steps? I read the code on your homepage but wasn’t sure what to do with it.
Cheers, Thomas

Are you talking about turning leds on/off ?
I have implemented these commands into the Jeedom plugin.

You can also put them in HLC patterns python file on button press for example.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I mean the section “ReSpeaker Button” and the code given in the “Example toggling rhasspy wakeword” on this page. https://kiboost.github.io/jeedom_docs/other/Rhasspy/HermesLedControl/
Where does that code go and how is it called? This probably is very basic, but I don’t have a lot of experience with this.

From the description I understand pressing the button should toggle the wakeword detection on/off (e.g. when there is lots a talking going on and you want to be sure to avoid false postives) and indicate either state by the LEDs. That’s what I’m looking for.

Yes, go to hermesLedControl_v2.0.0 folder
Go to ledPatterns folder
Open the py file corresping to the led pattern you use
At the bottom, use such sort of code:

def onButton1(self, *args):
		#mute hotword detection:
		self._animation.clear()
		self.off()
		if self.muted:
			self.muted = False
			topic = "hermes/hotword/toggleOn"
		else:
			self.muted = True
			topic = "hermes/hotword/toggleOff"

payload = '{"siteId": "'+self._controller._mainClass._me+'", "reason": ""}'
		self._controller._mainClass._mqttClient.publish(topic, payload)

self.off()
		self._controller.idle()

Then put self.muted = False in init on the top and restart HLC

I’ve added a section on setting up an equalizer on sound output.

This allow to set TTS voice bass/treble to make more natural voice depending on you speakers.

Have you successfully chained a LAPSDA equalizer and an ALSA soft-vol PCM?

Hi KiboOst,
Thanks a lot for your work, I use JeeRhasspy and found some very interesting things on your page.
I just discovered a mobile app for Rhasspy (https://github.com/razzo04/rhasspy-mobile-app) and tried it on an old Android phone. I wonder if you could take a look and maybe add it to your pages (and maybe to JeeRhasspy for tts).

Nice list of tips, somehow I missed this when I created my awesome-rhasspy list. I rectified this error and added your page. JeeRhasspy was already on it :slight_smile:

I also tried the app today.
@KiboOst it would be nice to make it compatible with jeerhasspy (which i love :heart_eyes:)

Thanks
I have no way to try it on android, sorry. Maybe if one day it is iOS compatible ?

Thanks @koan, have added your page on my tips one also :wink:

1 Like

Too bad, I have no idea how it’s working in Android, Rhasspy recognizes it as a satellite but the interface is not as usual and it’s not possible to send configuration from jeeRhassy (of course). Very convenient for sending orders when TV or music is playing a little loud… Many thanks anyway !