Snowboy Wake Word Creator

Thanks to @fastjack, I learned about a snowboy fork that includes the ability to locally create wake words!

The fork is a little tricky to get working and requires Python 2.7, so I wrapped it all up in a Docker image with a web interface:

Try it out and let me know what you think:

$ docker run -it -p 8000:8000 rhasspy/snowboy-seasalt

Then visit http://localhost:8000 and start creating your .pmdl files. Put them in the snowboy directory of your Rhasspy profile and choose Snowboy as your wake word system :slight_smile:

Note: This will only run on x86_64 machines because there’s no source code for the pre-compiled _snowboy.so file.

11 Likes

Working great so far! Thanks a lot!

Recorded on my Windows Docker installation and copied the wakeword to a RPi 2B.

2 Likes

Thanks! I think this is the best option for non-english words, tested on catalan name

1 Like

can some1 help me? I have 0 Docker knowledge… can some1 tell me step by step how and were get the docker image?
I need just to create that pmdl file since snowboy.kitt.ai has been shutdown

Aside from telling you how to install docker the first post has all the information needed to actually run it. All that you need is a better understanding of docker. Since I just picked out a decent looking guide into that for another post here, I suggest you read this, the getting started section should be enough for you to work out what to do with the information in the first post.

I could probably write you a step by step guide for this one scenario, but not knowing what kind of os you run on, how good your general linux knowledge is and never having used this particularly docker image myself it would take longer to write a step by step guide for this than it takes you to read a few paragraphs on how to use docker and in the end your understanding of what you did will be far better than if you just followed a step by step guide. Just by asking about a step by step guide for this you prove that you really have no knowledge of docker at all right now (not, that this is something bad) but it is something you should look into because to me, and most likely anyone that has ever used docker, the first post contains the “step to step guide” you are looking for, the only thing missing is how to install docker itself.

Thank u… I didn’t know it is that complex… I mean for the noob step by step tutorial… but anyway, I’ll give it a try not that I’m lacking of pc knowledge, it’s just I absolutely have no Docker knowledge :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And my Linux knowledge is average

It is not complex at all, at least not in actually doing so, but a step by step guide for a beginner when the action needed to run it is installing docker and then copying the command from the first post is a bit problematic because that is all there is to it. I can’t give a step to step guide to installing docker since it differs between platforms and a step by step guide for running one command is also pretty hard to do.

What you lack is not the step by step guide but knowledge about what docker actually is, as you say. If you have that information and a guide on how to install docker for your system, then you are all set with the first post.

Is it the same thing as Raven ?