Slot Synonyms - Upper and Lower Case

Hi,

I’m new to this project and I have to say that it is amazing how easy and straight forward a new installation is. So great!

My question is about slot synonyms. I have understood how to use them and it is working great but after changes in the web interface all slot synonyms are automaticlly changed to lower case. Is there a possibility to stop this behavior? I would need case sensitive synonyms for the later processing of the mqtt messages.

Thank you!

Best regards
Alex

1 Like

I don’t think so. It’s always been all lower case.

1 Like

Not yet, but this is on my TODO list on GitHub. The lower-case restriction is coming from the speech to text dictionary. The speech recognizer only ever puts out lower-case words, so I have to keep casing information through the whole pipeline. The easy fix was just to force everything to match the dictionary :confused:

Hi @alex4444
If it’s not a secret, why do you need case sensitivity?
What scenario are you going to implement? From my point of view it’s not the most elegant solution

Do you have a user case where full lowercase cause problem ?
Why would we need mix casing ?
It’s just text data for intent handler

Hi all,

thank you for all the replys. It is for integration with another home automation system and I thought it would be great to use this synonym to directly set it to the item name, which I want to change. The problem is that the items are case sensitive and all my items have upper and lower letters. Yes I can change all my items but this is really to much work.
Actually I’m searching through all my items converting all to lower case and comparing. It is working but this is not as fast as I want. So I thought a direct access by the name with upper and lower letters would be an option.

It would be nice to have this feature in the future :slight_smile: Perhaps it could be an option to have some special char which tells rhasspy not to convert to lower case.

Thank you!

Best regards
Alex

1 Like

Same here. I am using it with openhab and the Synonyms should match my defined tags.

1 Like

Great news! I was able to pass slot synonyms through without altering the case. The fix is in master right now, and will be available in 2.4.17 (probably this week).

Just to be clear, a slot value like abc:AbC will show up as AbC now in the JSON event.

5 Likes

@synesthesiam: Great news! Thank you!