I’d like to offer my shopping list skill for everybody who is interested. Because I don’t think there is already a better way of publishing a skill I’ll do it through this forum post.
It currently can:
- Add items to your shopping list
- Remove items from your shopping list
- Send the list via email to a set of recipients
- Create a fresh empty list (currently the old ones are kept)
Not included yet:
- Quantity of an item on a list (will include that later)
- A interface to print the lists as well
Prerequisites apart from of a working Rhasspy environment:
- A mariadb/mysql database
- An email server somewhere to send the lists
Here you can find downloads and instructions (yes, I know, my web design skills have stopped evolving in the 90’s):
For anybody interested there’s also the source code available as zip file. Forgive me if I’m not working with GIT, yet.
I’ve supplied sentences for English and German as well as a list of shopping items for those two languages so you have a basis to start with. Of course you’ll need to check the list to see if it contains all the items which YOU usually buy.
I’ll refrain from explaining a lot here as the above link holds more detailed explanations and I’d like to keep them at a central location. However feel free to comment here and suggest improvements for the instructions or the program itself.
I might add of all the nerdy things I made at/for home this has proven to have by far the highest woman-acceptance-factor. My wife started using it by herself without me asking her to do so at all .
- Added import feature to add all your products from the Rhasspy slot file to the database
- Added PHP file to view your shopping list when you’re on the go (and forgot to send it while you were still at home)
Update v3 (2020-12-30):
Update v4 (2020-12-31):
- Improved the PHP file (for abroad non-voice use) significantly
- Utilized the Rhasspy feature slot_programs so one doesn’t need to maintain the products list in 2 places anymore.