Server / satellite docker installation

Hello,
When I first insrtalled version 2.5 the docs showed to install it with this commands.
Server

docker run -it \
    -v "$HOME/.config/rhasspy/master:/profiles" \
    --network host \
    rhasspy/rhasspy \
    --profile en \
    --user-profiles /profiles

Satellite

docker run -it -v "$HOME/.config/rhasspy/satellite:/profiles" \
    --network host \
    --device /dev/snd \
    rhasspy/rhasspy \
    --profile en \
    --user-profiles /profiles \
    --http-port 13202 \
    --local-mqtt-port 13183

Now the docs have different commands.
Server

docker run -it \
    -v "$HOME/.config/rhasspy/profiles:/profiles" \
    rhasspy/rhasspy \
    --profile en \

Satellite

docker run -it \
    -v "$HOME/.config/rhasspy/profiles:/profiles" \
    --device /dev/snd \
    rhasspy/rhasspy \
    --profile en \

So:

1. Which one is correct?
  2. How can I start the container automatically after a restart?

None of them are wrong exactly, they just do different things.

Those that contain “–device /dev/snd” allow the docker to use the audio device, if you want to record or play audio, having that is a good idea.

“–network host” tells the docker to use the same network that the pc running the docker uses, so no docker virtual network. In theory using a docker network is saver but I personally don’t bother with that added layer because I only run stuff in my home network anyway.

“–http-port 13202” and “–local-mqtt-port 13183” remap the ports, that one is mostly used if you want to run two instances on one system so you can reach both via different ports.

Basically, nothing in there is wrong, it is all just different scenarios and you have to pick and choose the docker options that fit you best. No need to hand over audio on a master that isn’t supposed to record or play something, but if you don’t use it on a satellite you might run into audio issues.

As for your 2nd question, there is a “–restart” flag with a few different options you can add. I myself use “–restart unless-stopped” so it won’t start again if I shut it down but it restarts on reboot if it was running. Here is more information on that.

Daenara