RPi Zero Docker Issue for 2.5.8

I just pulled the latest image for the RPI Zero and when I tried my Docker Run command to install the image I am getting this error:

docker: Error response from daemon: error creating overlay mount to /var/lib/docker/overlay2/e374ef8a15f37644db9e55d7da6c64c3cae14d4d1064b9fc072fbf3aaf3fb45f-init/merged: no such file or directory.

I pulled the RPi Zero image with:
docker pull --platform linux/arm/v6 rhasspy/rhasspy

Here is my Run command:

docker run -d \
-p 12101:12101 \
--net=host \
-e PGID=1000 -e PUID=1000 \
--name rhasspy \
--restart unless-stopped \
-v "$HOME/rhasspy/profiles:/profiles" \
-v "/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro" \
-e TZ=America/Toronto \
--device /dev/snd:/dev/snd \
rhasspy/rhasspy \
--user-profiles /profiles \
--profile en

I used this Run command yesterday when I tried to install 5.2.8 but somehow (likely user error) I ended up reinstalling 2.5.7.

I’ve setup two rpi0 (running volumio in a berryboot environment) just yesterday, using almost the same commands (i didnt use host option but ports)
For me it is still working fine. what distro are you running?

I am running Raspbian Buster on the Pi Zero W.

I did an update - Upgrade of my Pi Zero and there were a few packages that were updated.
Tried the install again and I got the same error.

Tried installing 2.5.7 with the same command changing only:
rhasspy/rhasspy /
to
rhasspy/rhasspy:2.5.7 /

and it worked fine.

So maybe an issue with the 2.5.8 image for the linux/arm/v6 platform?

Have you tried using the same --platform argument you used in your docker pull when issuing the docker run command?

I just tried this:

docker run -d \
-p 12101:12101 \
--net=host \
-e PGID=1000 -e PUID=1000 \
--name rhasspy \
--restart unless-stopped \
-v "$HOME/rhasspy/profiles:/profiles" \
-v "/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro" \
-e TZ=America/Toronto \
--device /dev/snd:/dev/snd \
--platform linux/arm/v6 rhasspy/rhasspy \
--user-profiles /profiles \
--profile en

It resulted in the same error

docker: Error response from daemon: error creating overlay mount to /var/lib/docker/overlay2/d225ed315311fdeb7f876dfa8788f1fa53ce50b7d1237193a2b7adb59f13caa3-init/merged: no such file or directory.
See ‘docker run --help’.

Do you already have a container named rhasspy (from --name rhasspy)?. Try to delete it (docker container rm rhasspy) before running docker run (or change the name of your new container).

The first time I renamed the old container but after running into the error after that I’ve been removing the container.

Also there are no other containers on this system. Is there a way to remove downloaded images?
I’m wondering if there is something wrong with the 2.5.8 image I pulled in that I thought I had pulled it. I removed 2.5.7 and installed 2.5.8 but when I checked the web interface it was 2.5.7.
So I pulled 2.5.8 again and then I got the errors.
Maybe the initial pull died, and I’ve got bits missing? I’m assuming there is a hash check for the image but I don’t know.

You can issue a docker image prune to remove all dangling images or docker rmi <image name> to remove a specific image.

So I did a “docker rmi rhasspy/rhasspy” and it ran for a bit and then it spit this out:

Error response from daemon: unlinkat /var/lib/docker/overlay2/fbb9b32b67919d7662f82a9a0134f4318bb4d8fd71686c905c87b829e95974dd/diff/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/gstreamer-1.0/libgstgoom2k1.so: structure needs cleaning

Is this an error with the file system?

I’m working on that thought right now.

I’ve purged my system of Rhasspy and Docker and I’m starting over from a fresh Docker install.

If that doesn’t work then I’m going to start over with a new Micro SD card.

Thanks, @rlongfield

Let me know if this works. I’m not able to build AppImages for the Pi Zero currently, so Docker is going to be the only path for it now besides a source build.

I removed Rhasspy and Docker from my system and started over with a fresh Docker and Rhasspy install.

I installed 2.5.8 and it is running properly now. Well it’s slow but I think there is a problem with the SD card. I picked up a replacement one just today.

1 Like