Rhasspy on Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Hello everyone,
today I tried installing rhasspy on a Ubuntu 22.04 container on my Proxmox server. Unfortunately, it cannot be installed due to this error:

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 rhasspy : Depends: libgfortran4 but it is not installable
           Recommends: alsa-utils but it is not going to be installed
           Recommends: espeak
           Recommends: flite but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

It seems, that on Ubuntu 22.04 libgfortran5 is installed. Any chance to get rhasspy on that container?

Until now, I wasn’t able to force an libgfortran4 installation.

Best regards

Most likely the problem could be solved as described here: Bullseye refuses to install

1 Like

Thanks for the answer - unfortunately, I just read it. In the meantime, I used Buster instead. :see_no_evil:

But I’ll keep it in mind, and try to remember to use a broader range of serch phrases - or different - or whatever… Interesting, that this post didn’t come up. You’ll get a lot of stackoverflow and what not, but not this simple solution… weird…

But: Thanks again.

Best regards

This lib seems to cause trouble in getting Rhasspy installed from time to time, see also Rhasspy 2.5.8 Released - #52 by farfade (and with slightly other focus Install rhasspi in debian stretch?).
In fact, Rhasspy seems not to be dependant to a specific version of that library, so the direct way may be to do a forced installation and to additionally make sure, the version available in the distro is installed…