First I’d like to say how great Rhasspy is.
I have only been playing with it for a couple of weeks but it is the easiest install and configuration I could imagine. And the documentation is impressive.
So down to my system.
To start with I have a fairly mature HA system that comprises the following hardware:
- main system is on an Asus Tinker Board with 2GB RAM. This runs node-red, openhab for Z-Wave devices, Influxdb and Grafana for charting and node-sonos-http-api and socos for sonos
- A raspberry pi running deconz for Zigbee devices
- A sonoff rfbridge433 with Tasmota for rf remote controls (using only as a receiver at the moment)
- Broadlink rmpro mini for IR
- Daikin Airbridge for HVAC control
- Unifi Controller and nmap for presence detection - mobile phones only at present
- Yeelight light strips
- Xiaomi gateways - mainly replaced by deconz but still used for status lighting
- Sonoff ifan02 for ceiling fans with Tasmota
- A nuc with proxmox with a container for the Rhasspy server.
- A raspberry pi as a Rhasspy satellite
Node-red is the heart of the system which made integration with Rhasspy a breeze through MQTT.
In the couple of weeks I’ve been playing with it I have so far managed to integrate:
- 73 Lights, 72 power plugs/wall sockets, 11 fans, 21 cover devices (shutters, curtains and skylights)
- Report on the status of 60 door and window sensors
- Arm/disarm devices
- Control groups of items, like saying “Turn on all lights in John’s Room” or set all lights to red.
- Report who is home
- Ask for the status of almost any device, like Is John’s light on (and get a yes no answer) or What is the status of John’s light, door, window etc
- Ask what is the weather and get the Dark Sky summary for my area
- Ask things like the time, date, temperature (from Dark Sky), the temperature/humidity in any room in the house.
- Control my Sonos system, ie Play/Pause, volume control, etc, select tracks by Artist name, Playlist, Favourites and also ask questions such as the current artist name or track details
- Add things to a shopping list and have them read back
to be continued…