Rhasspy mobile app

browsing the code I found that the text-to-speech api accepts the siteId as a parameter so you can specify on which satellite to play the message through the url http://localhost:12101/api/text-to-speech?siteId=yourSiteId.

Thanks, that worked well. It’s all written in the docs you just have to know what to search for.
Here is a list of possible http endpoints:

Thank you sharing your wonderful aplication!
Since updating to rhasspy 2.5.7 I have recognized a problem with german “umlaute” in the mobile application.
Instead of “wie spĂ€t ist es” “wie spÀt ist es” comes out of the voice recognition, therefore the intent recognition fails. With a previous version of rhasspy I had no problems with “umlaute” in the mobile app.
Do you have any ideas on this problem?

I avoided that problem from the beginning by avoiding Umlaute at all. My slots and sentences in rhasspy all use ue oe ae instead of ĂŒ ö Ă€ :slight_smile:

I have to try this app very soon. Might be super useful.

I don’t know I’ve never tried the app with german language since it’s not my native language.
Does the problem disappear with previous versions of the app or does the situation remain unchanged?

Yes that workes. Thank you for this tip. Simple and effective :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for your respond! This issue seems to relate to the rhasspy server (base) 2.5.7. Switching the server (base) back to 2.5.5 let disappear the issue, without touching the mobile app.

With the tip from @HorizonKane i can avoid the problem and for me everithing work fine.

Hi, I’m trying to set up the udp wakeword detection for hours now but I can’t get it to work. I followed the rhasspy docs but it isn’t clear for me what to do. Could anyone help? Thanks

Edit:

Thanks for the answer,
I’ve reached my reply cap on this topic cause I’m new to this forum. Is there a way to pm you?

• I’m running on docker and opened the port 12202 (looking at portainer)
  • in the app I entered the ip of the rhasspy base : port (192.168.178.40:12202)
  • in rhasspy base under audio recording I selected pyaudio and entered ip:192.168.178.40 port:12202
  • in rhasspy base under wakeword I selected porcupine and entered the port 12202
    but it still doesn’t work.

One thing I noticed is, if I enter 192.168.178.40:12101 in the app at the first line (not under wakeword)
I get a cannot connect with rhasspy message

This is my old post, let me know if help.

1 Like

This is odd; I would have expected the opposite. The JSON coming out of Rhasspy before 2.5.7 was being auto-converted to ASCII by Python’s json.dump and I had to set ensure_ascii=False everywhere.

Which STT and intent recognition system are you using?

Hi Syntox.

this is a thread about the rhasspy mobile app. You should open a new thread for your problem and will get help for sure.

Ok, I did. Then I just ask about the last part.

Sorry Syntox I misunderstood your post. I thought it was about general rhasspy problems. My mistake.

I am using Kaldi with Fsticuffs

Also note: The 2.5.7 raspi satelitte is not showing this issue (only the mobile app).

1 Like

I am trying to use the mobile app, but am running into a problem - I can use the speech to text in the app and it will transmit to my rhasspy (I see the intents in the app and my speech in the “recognize” field in the rhasspy web interface), but it doesn’t actually execute the intent (I get a “no one managed the intent: switches” on the app). I have Handle checked in both the app and the rhasspy web interface. If I press enter on the recognize field in the web interface it works. Any ideas on why the intent would not be executing from the app?

Probably with the modification happened in rhasspy 2.5.7 in which don’t force anymore use of ASCII character, the system that used previously to convert bytes to strings complained about the presence of not ASCII character now this problem should be solved with the latest version. Let me know if the problem persists.

1 Like

What system did you use to handle the intent?

Yes, with 1.6.3 the issue is fixed! Thank you very much!!!

I’m using Home Assistant as the intent handler

Thank you for helping me find bugs.