With summer in the air, it seems like the right time to “officially” release Rhasspy 2.5 A very big thanks to all the testers in the Rhasspy community, and especially to @koan, @KiboOst, @fastjack, and @romkabouter!
This version is a complete rewrite of 2.4 with these goals in mind (from the history):
- Maintain compatibility with Rhasspy 2.4 profiles and APIs
- Enable contributors to write Rhasspy apps/skills in any language that can speak MQTT and JSON
- Provide a migration path for Snips skill authors to move their Hermes-based services to Rhasspy
- Allow for individual Rhasspy components to be developed independently in separate repositories
- Make modular installations possible, with any combination of individual services
To get started, check out the updated readthedocs page.
For those who have been following since the pre-release, a few things are different:
rhasspy-voltronproject is now just rhasspy
rhasspy/rhasspy:2.5.0-preDocker tag is now
rhasspy/rhasspy:2.5.0-pre-arm32v6Docker tag for Pi Zero satellites is deprecated. See instructions for Pi Zero.
- Debian packages are now available for easy installation on Ubuntu and Raspberry Pi OS (formally Raspbian)
Some things are still missing:
- Google STT and TTS services (@daniele_athome is working on the former)
- Mycroft Adapt and flair intent recognizers
- Snips NLU (work started, but not finished)
- Probably other stuff I’ve forgotten
I added a new tutorial that details how to do a Raspberry Pi Docker installation of Rhasspy from scratch. More tutorials are welcome as pull requests or links
As always, please open GitHub issues and ask questions here on the forums. I’m hoping with 2.5, we can start down the “app store” path with Rhasspy (headed up by @koan) and get some nice pre-built skills only a few clicks away!
Also if you’re unaware, I’ve created a system called OpenTTS for text to speech. It includes the usual cast of characters (
flite, etc.), but can connect out to MaryTTS, MozillaTTS, and even deepvoice3 using docker-compose. Use the opentts system in Rhasspy.