ReSpeaker 4 Mic Array not working with hassio?

Is ReSpeaker 4 Mic Array not compatbile with Rhasspy and Hass.io? I cannot see ReSpeaker 4 in the “audio input” settings menu. I’ve tried googling but cannot find a clear anwser if it works in hassio or not.
Pyaudio is just reporting the drop-down list as empty and Arecord is showing “working” only on “null” (which I guess is that is does not work?).

I really like Rhasspy, and would really like to use a ReSpeaker 4 mic instead of the USB PS3 eye cam.

Use the aplay or arecord program to list your devices:

aplay -l

That’s a lower-case ell

Did you installed seed drivers ??

Sorry, I’m pretty new to this. I’m on Hass.io, can I run a commands from it, then how? With SSH?
I can do these commands:
git clone https://github.com/respeaker/seeed-voicecard.git
cd seeed-voicecard

but when I do this:
sudo ./install.sh 4mic
I get : bash: sudo: command not found´

If I just type: “./install.sh” I get:
/boot/overlays not found or not a directory
dtparam not found
dtoverlay not found
Errors found, exiting.

“aplay -l” command is not working.

I have no underlying OS.

If you’re running Hass.io, it should be inside a docker container. Docker is running on the parent/host OS, and that’s where you should enter the aplay command first. It will report what sound devices are available on the host system.

Thansks for helping me with this, I really appreciate it. But I still don’t understand how I’m going to run a command on Hassio. I cannot find any guide that works either. My host OS is hassos.

Oh wait, I think understand now. I found this. Will try this guide and see if it works

I managed to login with root (SSH port 22222) and can enter the host OS, but I still get the same error when I run ./install.sh:

/boot/overlays not found or not a directory
dtparam not found
dtoverlay not found
Errors found, exiting.

The same error as before for aplay.
Then I found this, which says that it does only support official operating system for all models of the Raspberry Pi, which makes hassos/hassio not supported sadly…

Do you use raspberry Pi?
Friendly speaking, I prefer Hass.io installed over Raspbian. It’s much more flexible rather than hassos
So you can have hass.io and any other software installed independently

BTW, using hassio snapshots migration will not be so difficult

Hey Solid,
This is how I got my Respeaker to work running HassOS

Big Caveat: I am very inexperienced and I hope someone can jump in and correct me where I am wrong

I created a custom add-on which was a duplicate of the Rhasspy add-on. In my custom add-on I added this to the dockerfile:

FROM synesthesiam/rhasspy-server:latest
LABEL maintainer="Michael Hansen <hansen.mike@gmail.com>"
ENV LANG C.UTF-8

RUN apt-get update \
    && apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends \
      git \
      alsa-utils \
      dkms \
      i2c-tools \
      libasound2-plugins \
    && git clone "https://github.com/respeaker/seeed-voicecard" \
    && cd seeed-voicecard \
    && chmod a+x ./install.sh \
    && rm -rf .git \
    && apt-get purge -y --auto-remove git

# Copy script to run
COPY docker/run.sh /run.sh
RUN chmod a+x /run.sh

ENV CONFIG_PATH /data/options.json

ENTRYPOINT ["/run.sh"]

I think the packages are redundant (they are also installed in the seeed studio install script), but this is the file that worked for me.

Again, I am super inexperienced so I’m hoping someone will chime in and correct me, but this is how I got it to work!

Take care.

1 Like