Reminder Intent

Anyone have a really good Reminder “system” going? I’m using Rhasspy, Rasa, and Node-Red. I guess I’m just trying to think about how to recognize intents for reminders and all the variables that could go into it.

Simple examples:

• Remind me at 2:50pm to pick up the kids
  • Tomorrow at 8am remind me to call about the car insurance

Advanced examples:

• Remind me to give the dog a bath when I get home
  • Remind me later/in the morning/this evening to watch the game
  • When it’s 4pm and I’m not home remind me to leave work.

That last examples specifically I know there would need to be some logic based on polling of event streams, but thoughts on it’s possibility? I know it’s outside the scope of Rhasspy but thought I’d throw it out there and see if anyone’s built a stellar Reminder system.

I never read about a reminder system like that on here, but I would also be very interested :smiley:

Admittedly maybe I’m maybe it more complicated than it has to be. Idk that the last example is truly something I’d run into much.

If we stick to the simple examples, I guess I’m curious how I’d train Rasa to give me the right entities (the date and time to remind me and the text to remind me).

Also I’m curious about how people are creating “basic skills”. We have all the components here to do something, but has anyone discovered the best principles for creating basic skills like Reminders, Timers, setting Alarms, or Playing Music?

Trying to see if there’s best practices on these before building it blindly.

Rhasspy’s skills/apps ecosystem is pretty much still a work in progress, but there’s a library that aims to make it easier to create Rhasspy apps:

The documentation and the corresponding GitHub project has some basic example code to get going.

As for best practices, I don’t think you’ll find them specific to Rhasspy. You could always take a look at what best practices other voice assistants have.

1 Like