Problem with accessing web interface

Hello i have got a problem where looks like the web interface won’t load. I could access the interface on ip address:12101 when first installed but then it stop loading. I have run docker container and it says that it is up and working. I have pulled a rhasspy update and stopped and rm rhasspy and then run again but still cant access the web page. Any ideas please how i can access as it says its running and have anybody seen this problem before

2 Likes

Hi Mark,

i experience the exact same issue as you described it and i’m a bit out of luck finding a solution. Nmap says the port is open. Were you able to figure it out by any chance?
Thanks, Alex

You’re running in Docker (which I have chosen not to use) so probably can’t help much - but can you provide more details which might help point to the problem ?

Is this a standalone, or a satellite, or a HAOS add-on ?

It sounds like the rhasspy program is not starting, so there will probably be clues in the log. If you can get access to the terminal for that docker virtual machine, try
journalctl -u rhasspy.service

Mark, I am currently installing Rhasspy into another satellite, and have found a problem which is preventing the web interface.

Do you have a monitor and/or SSH terminal session so you can see what’s happening on the machine ?

I am having the same problem. I can connect to my PI without any problem but can’t acces the web gui I don’t know why. Anyone was able to fix it?

Do you have a keyboard & monitor, or SSH session to your Pi … which gives you access to the command line ?

Try looking in the log file for error message(s) which may be preventing the rhasspy web server from starting. On my Pi satellite I use “journalctl -u rhasspy.service” … but of course you have probably setup yours differently.

Hope this is useful if late. I’m running Rhasspy from the suggested docker command line at the moment. It showed that it was started, or the container was but no interface on 12101. It turned out that I had messed up profile.json, so I removed the one I had and let Rhasspy recreate a clean default one. This may not be possible for some people though.

I found a lot of problems in supervisord.log after the semi-aborted loads and decided I couldn’t solve them.

1 Like

Excuse me, i want to ask how can i delete and reinstall rhasspy

The answer to this will depend on how you’ve installed and have been using it. For docker it’s going to be pretty easy. But I would look for someone with a little more expertise than myself, I started using and programming with Rhasspy only about a month ago…

1 Like

Hello i have similar problem with my installation

Im using docker.
Now the funny part is that the Rhasspy wake word and the intents are working.
However i am unable to log into the web interface.
I tried to ssh into the pi as well, no luck

the only way i can make it work is by power cycling the pi all together
After maybe a couple of hours the same problem happens again

Using a raspberry pi 3 b
Any ideas?

So you are able to access the Rhasspy web interface when it is rebooted, but after a few hours it stops responding ?
Are you using the RasPi’s wi-fi interface ? I believe the default for RasPi is to go into power saving mode after a while … but that would also stop it communicating the intents :thinking:
Are you perhaps using both its wired ethernet and wi-fi interfaces ?

I use wired connections wherever possible, but my Rhasspy Satellites use wi-fi and I had to disable the power saving mode so they didn’t just fall asleep on the job.

So you are able to access the Rhasspy web interface when it is rebooted, but after a few hours it stops responding ?
Yes, mind you only the web interface doesnt work, everything else works (wake/intents)

Are you using the RasPi’s wi-fi interface ?
Yes i am on wifi

Thanks for the potential leads, ill try to disable the power saving mode and report back

Quick followup, this has fixed my problem so far
Thanks alot

1 Like