No sound or mic on raspberry pi 3 with respeaker

Hi all,

I’ve installed Rhasspy on a server (master) and tried to create a satelite system for it. At first I used a RPI Zero W with a respeaker, but the CPU kept spiking between 90-98%. So I moved to a RPI 3B (not +), the install went fine (same as de Zero W btw).

The only thing is that I’m unable to use the respeaker mic and speaker in Rhasspy. The test button on the main page returns a time-out after a while and the settings (arecord and aplay) are configured correcly. The test button on the settings / record page also gives a time-out. If I stop the docker container I can test both (much noice in a test recording though). When the container runs I can’t execute the test, the device returns a error stating that it is bussy.

The time-out logs are pased below. In the end I’d like to end-up with a setup that is connected to the main server trough all the Remote-HTTP endpoints.

[ERROR:2020-12-23 11:07:06,331] rhasspyserver_hermes: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/rhasspy/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/quart/app.py", line 1821, in full_dispatch_request
    result = await self.dispatch_request(request_context)
  File "/usr/lib/rhasspy/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/quart/app.py", line 1869, in dispatch_request
    return await handler(**request_.view_args)
  File "/usr/lib/rhasspy/rhasspy-server-hermes/rhasspyserver_hermes/__main__.py", line 1661, in api_text_to_speech
    results = await asyncio.gather(*aws)
  File "/usr/lib/rhasspy/rhasspy-server-hermes/rhasspyserver_hermes/__main__.py", line 1647, in speak
    volume=volume,
  File "/usr/lib/rhasspy/rhasspy-server-hermes/rhasspyserver_hermes/__init__.py", line 599, in speak_sentence
    handle_finished(), messages, message_types
  File "/usr/lib/rhasspy/rhasspy-server-hermes/rhasspyserver_hermes/__init__.py", line 971, in publish_wait
    result_awaitable, timeout=timeout_seconds
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 449, in wait_for
    raise futures.TimeoutError()
concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutError

I did read a post here that said there were some issues with the deb packages for the RPI, should I wait for a new version or are there some extra steps that I can try?