Need help to get 2.5 to run

I am having quite a hard time getting rhasspy 2.5 to work with a german profile. I had a working 2.4 installation some months ago, but since 2.5 I have yet to get rhasspy to work again. I have reinstalled it several times over the last weeks, and right now I have a clean new installation using the python venv method on a raspberry pi 4 running buster lite 32bit. rhasspy version is 2.5.2.

I tried to set up all services step by step, and while I don’t get any errors, speech recognition is not working. When saying the wake word (using mycroft precise), I can see log messages, but beyond wake word detection, nothing is happening. Also, I hear no confirmation sounds.

I tried using pocketsphinx instead, however it fails to install with the default parameters and complains about unknown words instead, so I cannot try this out.

When I use the “Wake up” button in the web GUI and speak the command, it is successfully recognized.

If I say “hey mycroft”, this is what I get in the logs:

[DEBUG:2020-07-19 13:07:14,288] rhasspywake_precise_hermes: -> HotwordDetected(model_id='hey-mycroft.pb', model_version='', model_type='personal', current_sensitivity=0.5, site_id='default', session_id=None, send_audio_captured=None, lang=None)
[DEBUG:2020-07-19 13:07:14,288] rhasspywake_precise_hermes: Publishing 182 bytes(s) to hermes/hotword/hey-mycroft/detected
[DEBUG:2020-07-19 13:07:14,293] rhasspyserver_hermes: <- HotwordDetected(model_id='hey-mycroft.pb', model_version='', model_type='personal', current_sensitivity=0.5, site_id='default', session_id=None, send_audio_captured=None, lang=None)

Then the output stops. Earlier today I was having a 2.5.1 installation installed from the debian package, and in this installation, pocketsphinx was working. However, I had the same symptoms, upon wake word detection, only the above logs were printed, and no ASR was triggered. So it seems like this is not a mycroft precise issue, but rather a general wake word issue.

What should I do?

Have you setup your Sentences and Slots? I found I had to re-write some of mine to be 100% functional in Rhasspy 2.5.

Ah, I just found the issue. “Dialog management” was set to MQTT instead of rhasspy. Setting it to rhasspy resolved the above issues. Now everything seems to work.

1 Like