Mimic 3 Text to Speech Launch!

Hi everyone! Today is the day that Mimic 3 is officially launched :partying_face:

The official docs talk about all the different ways you can try it for yourself :slight_smile:

I will be making an update to Rhasspy soon to add Mimic 3 as a TTS option, which I would recommend over Larynx now. Especially for the Pi 3 and 4, Iā€™d say this is a big win for open source offline TTS!

Let me know what you think, and have a good day.

15 Likes

This is what I think: Awesome :smiley: :rofl: :+1:

2 Likes

This would be a great addition to Rhasspy!

2 Likes

Glad to hear about plans for an update for Rhasspy :slightly_smiling_face:.

I recently also did some testing with Mimic 3 as a drop-in replacement for MaryTTS and can now confirm this method to work flawlessly.

May I kindly ask for plans to integrate the most recent version of the ā€œThorstenā€ dataset to Mimic 3 as well? ( Thorsten-22.05-neutral)

3 Likes

Definitely :slight_smile:

1 Like

And donā€™t forget harvard-glow_tts please. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:astonished: :sunglasses: :astonished: :scream: :sunglasses: Seems I didnā€™t get deep enough into all the detailsā€¦?
Afai now found out, the ā€œthorsten_lowā€ voice is already based on the (preliminary) version now named 22.05-neutral. So most likely atm thereā€™s no specific action required.

1 Like

Glad to hear itā€™s coming to Rhasspy! I will probably go through some efforts in getting it added in Home Intent for 64bit pi osā€™s. The bit of experimenting Iā€™ve done has been incredibly promising, the realtime factor is really good. Thanks for putting it out there!

1 Like

I installled mimic3 as a docker image:
(Before I had google wavenet)
https://mycroft-ai.gitbook.io/docs/mycroft-technologies/mimic-tts/mimic-3

After that, I changed in my rhasbian Server (I have Server / Satelllites):
preferences ā†’ Text to Speech to MaryTTS
After save and restart, I changed
URL to http://10.2.254.251:59125/process (Thats the IP of the docker home)
After save and restart, I refreshed available voices
Now I could pick up my language/voice.

This works! :grinning:
Great !! Thank You

Problems with german language: :frowning_face:
ā€œ.ā€ vs. ā€œ,ā€ :
11.00 ā†’ Elf tausend (eleven thousand)
11,00 ā†’ Elf komma Null (eleven point zero)
(So I add a replace command in Home Assistant to temperature values)

Time:
11:30 ā†’ elf dreiƟig (eleven thirty, wrong)
11:30h ā†’ elf Uhr dreiƟig (right)

Beginning and End of sentences:
If rhasbian speaks a sentence, there are missing words in the beginning and at the end.
With home assistant there is a strange sound at the end, if you finish the sentence with a point (.) No words missing

2 Likes

I see it supports the use of CUDA accelerationā€¦how difficult would it be to support Google Coral?

It depends on the kind of networks that Coral supports. Last I checked, they donā€™t support transformer networks :frowning:

Excited to see this implemented into Rhasspy!

2 Likes

Nice to see interest in a future for Rhasspy!

Mimic3 seems very good, but actually there is some obvious problems with the french pronunciation :cold_sweat:

Agree, excited to see it implemented into Rhasspy but some problems with french pronounciations Examples: ā€˜2ā€™, ā€˜2022ā€™
both examples are (always) pronounced in liaison /dœ.zā€æ/, but should be /dĆø/ here

uhh sorry didnā€™t realize this is an old threadā€¦