Killed my docker container

Hi,

I messed around with my docker container and stopped it and now when I run the command I initially started it with I get this:

pi@rhasspy:~ $ docker run -d -p 12101:12101       --name rhasspy       --restart unless-stopped       -v "$HOME/.config/rhasspy/profiles:/profiles"       -v "/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro"       --device /dev/snd:/dev/snd       rhasspy/rhasspy       --user-profiles /profiles       --profile de
docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name "/rhasspy" is already in use by container "9e0caf551afe41fd4d41d1a90677e7ce2ae3c23e329a4201a01f8a0f53975e14". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.
See 'docker run --help'.

Rebootet and tried again but still the same. Any hint?

docker start rhasspy

docker run is for creating a container from an image. Once the container is created with a —name another container with the same name cannot be created. You can however start the existing container with docker start <id or name of the container>.

If you want to create a new container (with different options, volumes, port bindings, etc.) with the same name, you will first have to remove the existing one with docker stop <name> and docker rm <name> before issuing a new docker run command.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

run docker ps to see all id of your existing containers and pick the rhasspy container.

afterwards you can restart, start or stop the container using: docker start CONTAINERID
instead of start use the above possibilities.

1 Like

Thanks guys but it just started working again. :smiley:

I don’t know what happened, but now I can’t reach it anymore again. I was working with sentences and training and when I tried to test a new intent, the website timed out,

The container seems to be running and I can SSH into the Pi, however the website is not reachable on http://IP:12101.

pi@rhasspy:~ $ docker ps
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE               COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                      NAMES
9e0caf551afe        rhasspy/rhasspy     "bash /usr/bin/rhass…"   37 hours ago        Up 15 minutes       0.0.0.0:12101->12101/tcp   rhasspy

No idea how to troubleshoot that. Should really get some more docker knowledge.

It gets even more curious: When I say Snowboy, I get a beep so something is running. However Node_RED is not able to connect anymore, as well as my web browser.

SSH still possible…

I got it fixed by power cycling the Pi, while a reboot did not help before.