Has anyone experience running rhasspy in k8s?

Hi *,

I want to deploy rhasspy in my newly setup Raspberry Pi kubernetes cluster (k3s) and I wonder if anyone has done that before and could share some experience?

I have a server/satellite setup with 3 satellites at the moment. I only want to move the server to the k3s cluster.

Best
CK

Nope havenā€™t but things should as much is a network layer the usual gotcha with ā€˜containersā€™ is that alsa audio drivers and audio permissions often only on the metal.

Yeah, think so too. However, the server doesnā€™t require alsa or did I miss something?

If your using satelites with it guess not ,as Hermes audio is over MQTT just never tried it.

ah a man after my own heart. I have a 7 node cluster here at home myself. I havenā€™t moved rhasspy in to it yet, but that is the plan to move my master node over to k8s since i donā€™t have any audio on it now anyway.

I also have my opentts decoupled too which will go into k8s

I have spent some time here recently and have successfully deployed a rhasspy instance into my kubernetes environment as my base. Using nginx ingress controller I can switch all the http to https. My mosquitto mqtt broker is in my cluster as well. I have the base configured with a persistent volume (i run longhorn) to store my ā€œprofilesā€ directory.

I have 2 raspberry piā€™s running as satellites communicating to the base node. Base node uses homeassistant as an intenthandler (also in the cluster)

I am going to work on a write up and a video to put on my YT channel. I am starting the process of deploying all the satellite configurations via ansible and want to do some ci/cd with the base node so that stuff like slot updates get checked into a repo, re-training the model will be ā€œtestedā€ before done on the live node (going to need @synesthesiam help figuring out how to run a train model command separately and get the result code :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Amazing! Canā€™t wait to see your write up! I didnā€™t have the time to try anything myself yetā€¦

Are you using an ingress or node port or?

Hello,
First of all, thanks for all of this :slight_smile:

iā€™m actually trying to complete kubernetes installation of Rhasspy but iā€™m stuck with ā€œback-off restart failedā€ error. Were you able to create a video on your installation ? Iā€™m really interested to see it :slight_smile:

Olivier

Hello everyone,

I have just started setting up my own k3s cluster and would like to add rhasspy in it. Did you end up creating this write up CrankyCoder?