Enable debug logs for wake_word sub-process?

Looking through the very fine documentation right now, but thought I’d ask here. Can anyone tell me how to enable debug logs for wake_word? Thanks!

Not exactly a config option, but I was able to enter the Docker container for rhasspy, and find the executable. It’s a start.

pi@Listener1:~ $ docker exec -it rhasspy bash
root@f1703592b1f0:/# usr/lib/rhasspy/bin/rhasspy-wake-porcupine-hermes \
> --wakeword-id porcupine \
> --keyword /profiles/en/porcupine/porcupine_raspberry-pi.ppn \
> --debug
[DEBUG:2020-07-02 23:26:54,099] rhasspywake_porcupine_hermes: Namespace(debug=True, host='localhost', keyword=['/profiles/en/porcupine/porcupine_raspberry-pi.ppn'], keyword_dir=[], library=None, log_format='[%(levelname)s:%(asctime)s] %(name)s: %(message)s', model=None, password=None, port=1883, sensitivity=None, site_id=None, stdin_audio=False, tls=False, tls_ca_certs=None, tls_cert_reqs='CERT_REQUIRED', tls_certfile=None, tls_ciphers=None, tls_keyfile=None, tls_version=None, udp_audio=None, username=None, wakeword_id=['porcupine'])
[DEBUG:2020-07-02 23:26:54,108] rhasspywake_porcupine_hermes: Guessing you have an ARM CortexModel.A7
[DEBUG:2020-07-02 23:26:54,109] rhasspywake_porcupine_hermes: Loading porcupine (kw=['/profiles/en/porcupine/porcupine_raspberry-pi.ppn'], kwdirs=['/usr/lib/rhasspy/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rhasspywake_porcupine_hermes/porcupine/resources/keyword_files/raspberrypi'], sensitivity=[0.5], library=/usr/lib/rhasspy/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rhasspywake_porcupine_hermes/porcupine/lib/raspberry-pi/cortex-a7/libpv_porcupine.so, model=/usr/lib/rhasspy/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rhasspywake_porcupine_hermes/porcupine/lib/common/porcupine_params.pv)
[ERROR] keyword file has incorrect format or belongs to a different platform
[ERROR] loading keyword file #0 failed with 'INVALID_ARGUMENT'

There it is - invalid keyword file. Definitely going to have to download and binary transfer these things.

After double-checking, downloading all three files in binary mode, I still get an error. It appears the .ppn keyword file for Raspberry Pi is not suitable for an RPi4 ??? I got it from here: https://github.com/Picovoice/porcupine/tree/master/resources/keyword_files/raspberry-pi

root@f1703592b1f0:/# /usr/lib/rhasspy/bin/rhasspy-wake-porcupine-hermes --wakeword-id porcupine --keyword /profiles/en/porcupine/porcupine_raspberry-pi.ppn  --debug
[DEBUG:2020-07-03 00:16:33,961] rhasspywake_porcupine_hermes: Namespace(debug=True, host='localhost', keyword=['/profiles/en/porcupine/porcupine_raspberry-pi.ppn'], keyw            ord_dir=[], library=None, log_format='[%(levelname)s:%(asctime)s] %(name)s: %(message)s', model=None, password=None, port=1883, sensitivity=None, site_id=None, stdin_aud            io=False, tls=False, tls_ca_certs=None, tls_cert_reqs='CERT_REQUIRED', tls_certfile=None, tls_ciphers=None, tls_keyfile=None, tls_version=None, udp_audio=None, username=            None, wakeword_id=['porcupine'])
[DEBUG:2020-07-03 00:16:33,971] rhasspywake_porcupine_hermes: Guessing you have an ARM CortexModel.A7
[DEBUG:2020-07-03 00:16:33,971] rhasspywake_porcupine_hermes: Loading porcupine (kw=['/profiles/en/porcupine/porcupine_raspberry-pi.ppn'], kwdirs=['/usr/lib/rhasspy/lib/            python3.7/site-packages/rhasspywake_porcupine_hermes/porcupine/resources/keyword_files/raspberrypi'], sensitivity=[0.5], library=/usr/lib/rhasspy/lib/python3.7/site-pack            ages/rhasspywake_porcupine_hermes/porcupine/lib/raspberry-pi/cortex-a7/libpv_porcupine.so, model=/usr/lib/rhasspy/lib/python3.7/site-packages/rhasspywake_porcupine_herme            s/porcupine/lib/common/porcupine_params.pv)
[ERROR] keyword file belongs to a different version of the library
[ERROR] loading keyword file #0 failed with 'INVALID_ARGUMENT'

DOH!!! This page says to use Cortex-A72 for the RPi4, and NOT Cortex-A7.

So, I re-downloaded the Cortex-A72 version of libpv_porcupine.so, and it still complains. Anybody know where to get an RPi4-compatible generic ‘porcupine’ keyword file?

and, despite my best efforts, I cannot seem to get the right set of three porcupine files to work on the Raspberry Pi 4. :frowning: @synesthesiam and others - - HELP!!

I too had a lot of trouble getting their stuff to work (on Windows).

As good as Porcupine is (unfortunately for English speakers mainly) I don’t think it is a viable long term solution for an open source project like Rhasspy.

Picovoice seems to be going the commercial route and is progressively restricting Porcupine usage (custom wakeword are only working on linux, windows and mac, 30 days limit, no raspberry usage, one custom wake word by account, etc).

In my opinion, the « free » part is just there to up the hype by leveraging the makers community like Snips did.

I’m convinced that sooner or later it will be shutdown like Snips and Kitt.ai did when Picovoice is acquired or closes down.

3 Likes

I’m not certain where I’m going wrong. If I load the old arm6 library, it MAY work, but I have no clue if that library is backwards compatible on the Pi 4. In fact, this is where the entire issue began.

It’s important to understand, I’m not using a custom wakeword, because I don’t want to renew it every thirty days. It should work, but it doesn’t.

Well, halle-farking-lujah!! :gift_heart:

I took out all the references to porcupine files in my profile. It now looks like this:

"wake": {
        "debug": "True",
        "porcupine": {
            "sensitivity": "0.60"
        },
        "system": "porcupine"
    },
    "rhasspy": {
        "listen_on_start": true
    }

No library .so file, no special keyword, no pattern file. And it works. Might want to update that page :bulb: in the documentation, that references adding those three lines to your profile/settings. They’re just a recipe for misery, if you’re using a Pi4.

For insurance, I created Issue #80 to document this.

The that page link links to localhost. Unless you are browsing the web on your rhasspy server or satellite it will not show.

Yes, that was intentional. It’s the URL path that’s important, not the host.