Don't understand how to be heard by Rhasspy

Hi!

I’m really new with Raspberry and I install Rhasspy with docker. I follow this tutorial : https://rhasspy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation/#docker

At the end I enter the url and have the menu. I follow this second tutorial to try Rhasspy : https://rhasspy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorials/#getting-started-guide

But when i clic on test for the mic, nothing is “working”… when I try to click on wake up, Rhasspy didn’t ear me…

I try to connect directly to my Rasspy on Debian to check if mic works… after a lot of try I finally succeed to be eared but only in debian! with Rhasspy interface it doesn’t work…

I also try update and upgrade and the thing with alsa wich be mentionned at the bottom of install tutorial but nothing…

please help me!

Somebody?

what kind of mikrophone do you use?
And does your sound work?
What are your sound settings?

I use a usb microphone wich be advice buy jarvis project : https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01LCIGY8U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_-wFmybMAE6C66
speaker is usb too

as i said, on debian, mic and speaker works well. I try to record and it works… I set the mic in Rhasspy with all the stuff he said on the tuto but nothing… when I clic on the button to play what it record, there is nothing)

any idea?

Can you analyze the logs displayed on the console (not on the web client) and look for errors, especially in the seconds following the launch ?

1 Like

if you tell me how to do that, with pleasure!

On Debian, I see nothing open… it works like a service I think? i’m not familliar with the linux environement too…

You told you run rhasspy in docker. I’m using the deb packages so I cannot tell you exactly what to do to get the logs.

The tuto you followed states :

If something went wrong, trying running docker with -it instead of -d to see the output.

Maybe you can try this and analyze the output.

yes, i’m on docker but on debian… and both are with command line :stuck_out_tongue:

I do that and it’s written :

docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name “/rhasspy” is already in use by container “1fc7ac992209cc7a846d59258125df82c3774c7d5520eee726aefd9da35fa877”. You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.
See ‘docker run --help’.

I don’t understand so much because it works when I run it on the web client

did you know what I must do?

It says you try to run two instances of rhasspy at the same time. You have to stop the one currently running before launching the second one with the option “-it”.

when i stop rhasspy with

docker stop rhasspy

it says “rhasspy” … after that I try to run rhasspy with

$ docker run -it -p 12101:12101 \
      --name rhasspy \
      --restart unless-stopped \
      -v "$HOME/.config/rhasspy/profiles:/profiles" \
      -v "/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro" \
      --device /dev/snd:/dev/snd \
      rhasspy/rhasspy \
      --user-profiles /profiles \
      --profile fr

it says me the same error message… I don’t understand

What does docker ps show?

docker ps? (i’m really new with all this command line stuff and docker too…)

The docker ps command shows the running containers.

CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES

I think that nothing is running… so I try to run it and I have another time that :

docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name “/rhasspy” is already in use by container “1fc7ac992209cc7a846d59258125df82c3774c7d5520eee726aefd9da35fa877”. You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.
See ‘docker run --help’.

Ok, then run docker ps -a to also show the containers that have stopped. Then you see something like this (but in your case it will be rhasspy containers):

$ docker ps -a
CONTAINER ID        IMAGE               COMMAND               CREATED             STATUS                         PORTS               NAMES
966bf6b2c2db        rasa:1.10.11        "rasa init"           2 hours ago         Exited (0) About an hour ago                       test_rasa_rasa_run_1a55a90cbd2f
c895f8ded22e        rasa:1.10.11        "rasa run --cors *"   2 hours ago         Exited (0) 2 hours ago                             test_rasa_rasa_1

And then do docker rm 966bf6b2c2db with 966bf6b2c2db the ID of the container you want to remove. Then start the Rhasspy container again.

CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
1fc7ac992209 rhasspy/rhasspy “bash /usr/lib/rhass…” 5 days ago Exited (143) About an hour ago

Ok, then a simple docker rm 1fc7ac992209 should do the trick. Then you can try again running the Rhasspy container.

with that :

$ docker run -it -p 12101:12101 \
      --name rhasspy \
      --restart unless-stopped \
      -v "$HOME/.config/rhasspy/profiles:/profiles" \
      -v "/etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro" \
      --device /dev/snd:/dev/snd \
      rhasspy/rhasspy \
      --user-profiles /profiles \
      --profile fr