Case for Matrix Voice and Pi3A+

Hi,

if you wish - i can print you the parts.
Grinding an polishing will be your job :wink:

One question actually, can you also make a case without the Pi? Just the matrix voice? I am looking for a nice enclosure. I think I can manage an old friend printing it for me, but have not seen him in a while

Hi,

do you need speakers? If so - what type of speakers? At best with measurings.

Greetings

Andreas

I like the way you have them, I do not know what type that is.
Currently I have the speaker from an pi zero audiohat attached, but that is 1 speaker and I want two. Maybe a bit like your Pi3 version, but with a lower form factor

Hi,

this is work in progress - i have to testprint it.

Speakers:

Or somthing similar with 28mm and hight under 6mm

This will be 23mm in height. If you consider to unsolder the
connector from matrix voice, i can make it even smaler.

Greetings Andreas

Nice work. Can you tell us where and which cables you bought for the speakers that fit the Matrix Voice? I have not yet been able to find out what exactly fits.

That is great! Thanks for your work!

Nah, I am not that good with soldering irons :slight_smile:

Hi,

i earned the connectors from old laptops, also the speakers but this are normal standard connectors.
Here are the specs of the connector:
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/hirose-electric-co-ltd/DF13-2P-1.25DSA/241765

and this is the female part:
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/hirose-electric-co-ltd/DF13-2S-1.25C/241748

These connectors will work and are commonly available
https://eckstein-shop.de/JST12C25mm2PinSteckverbindermit10cmKabeldraht20Paare?googlede=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6rjzl4rh9QIVjNd3Ch1rgwGxEAQYAyABEgI46_D_BwE

greetings

Andreas

Hi testprint is printing 10h remaining…will send pictures tomorrow

greetings

Andreas

1 Like

Hi,

new files are on thingiverse.

keep in mind - its a proof of concept print with low res - not grinded, painted nor polished.
The absolute height is about 24 mm. Speakers should be not heigher as 6 mm.

2 Likes

Looks pretty cool! The speakers are supposed to be glued in those holes right?

Yes youre right!

There are supports inside.
This is a photo of the first test print.

Greetings

Andreas

Finally ordered 1 with a printservice :slight_smile:

Where did you get that piece of cloth from for the top?

Hi,

Its a part of a child car seat….

Greetings

haha! That is briljant :smiley:

hi @Sturi2011 - i’m also using a matrix voice on pi4.
Unlike you i’m using a usb-soundcard, connected to the pi’s usb-hub. The soundcard is connected directly to pc speakers and my setup therefore is very silent :frowning:
In the past i’ve also tryed to use the 3,5mm jack of the matrix voice or the pi itself, but the sound quality was pretty bad.

Therefore wanted to ask you a few questions:

1. Is the audio quality on the 2 connections that you use on matrix good and loud/ well audible?
  2. Isn’t dangerous for the matrix voice board itself have magnetic speaker close to it?
  3. Would female breadboard-jumpers also work to connect the speakers to the matrix-board?
  4. What’s the audio devices name in rhasspy?

Thank you in advance :smiley:

Hi,

the Sound Output is IMHO not hifi ready but a million times better than the PWM from the pi.

The magnetic field of the speaker itself isn’t a problem. Only changing fields like the one from the speaker coil are problematic but these are in the magnet of the speaker and so the have no effect to the pi.

Female bord jumpers wont work at all. Use a connector that fit eg from an old Laptop or whatever.
Audio Playing is a little tricky - i have done it by piping audio over command to the speakers → look at the guide at:

grafik

greetings

Andreas

Hi Andreas, first of all thank you for your response :slight_smile:

You have specifically linked to the Answer 9, but the file which is used for local command is in step 8.
Do I really need all those steps just for the speakers?

I’ve tryed to only link the file /home/pi/.config/rhasspy/profiles/de/copy-audio.sh, but this doesn’t work.

Also matrix-kernel-modules are already installed:

pi@himbipi2:~ $ pi@himbipi2:~ $ dpkg -s matrixio-kernel-modules
Package: matrixio-kernel-modules
Priority: optional
Section: embedded
Installed-Size: 112
Maintainer: MATRIX Labs <info@matrix.one>
Architecture: all
Version: 0.2.3
Depends: dkms (>= 2.1.0.0), matrixio-creator-init, raspberrypi-kernel-headers, raspberrypi-kernel
Conffiles:
 /etc/asound.conf 4f54434eaeb7a0f953be41de21d57265
 /etc/modules-load.d/matrixio.conf 69c576b3bd1f00f896ef89ef224ff50a
Description: Source DKMS for MATRIXIO kernel modules.
Homepage: https://github.com/matrix-io/matrixio-kernel-modules

greetings
Nicolas

Hi,

at least you have to configure aplay because the standard output is the headphne jack.
You can try it yourself with simple headphones.

greetings