Can't get my microphone to work - TimeoutError

Hello everybody.
I’m struggling with my docker installation of Rhasspy.
This is the situation:
Hardware: Realtek embedded into my motherboard
Ubuntu 20.04 server
Rhasspy installed as Docker immage.

In ubuntu 20.04, audio works like a charm using ALSA.
commands like arecord / aplay work properly, i can both record and listen, also listen live with commands like:
~$ arecord -f cd -Dhw:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 | aplay -Dhw:0
Recording WAVE ‘stdin’ : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
Playing WAVE ‘stdin’ : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo

I can do the same inside the docker container, from portainer i wrote:
arecord -f cd -Ddefault | aplay -Ddefault
I can hear myself from the headphones.

My configuration for audio recording in rhasspy is:

all other fields are empty
Here is the profile:

“microphone”: {
“arecord”: {
“device”: “default:CARD=PCH”
},
“system”: “arecord”
}

If I hit “Wake up” i don’t get anything, just a random “TimeoutError:” box. Same happens if I hit “Test” into the configuration box.
Into the logs i get:

[ERROR:2021-06-30 12:04:17,139] rhasspyserver_hermes:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/rhasspy/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/quart/app.py”, line 1821, in full_dispatch_request
result = await self.dispatch_request(request_context)
File “/usr/lib/rhasspy/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/quart/app.py”, line 1869, in dispatch_request
return await handler(**request_.view_args)
File “/usr/lib/rhasspy/rhasspy-server-hermes/rhasspyserver_hermes/main.py”, line 936, in api_listen_for_command
async for response in core.publish_wait(handle_intent(), [], message_types):
File “/usr/lib/rhasspy/rhasspy-server-hermes/rhasspyserver_hermes/init.py”, line 994, in publish_wait
result_awaitable, timeout=timeout_seconds
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 423, in wait_for
raise futures.TimeoutError()
concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutError
[WARNING:2021-06-30 12:03:47,116] rhasspyserver_hermes: Dialogue management is disabled. ASR will NOT be automatically enabled.
[DEBUG:2021-06-30 12:03:47,116] rhasspyserver_hermes: ← HotwordDetected(model_id=‘default’, model_version=’’, model_type=‘personal’, current_sensitivity=1.0, site_id=‘default’, session_id=None, send_audio_captured=None, lang=None, custom_entities=None)
[DEBUG:2021-06-30 12:03:47,113] rhasspyserver_hermes: Waiting for intent (session_id=None)
[DEBUG:2021-06-30 12:03:47,112] rhasspyserver_hermes: Publishing 199 bytes(s) to hermes/hotword/default/detected
[DEBUG:2021-06-30 12:03:47,112] rhasspyserver_hermes: → HotwordDetected(model_id=‘default’, model_version=’’, model_type=‘personal’, current_sensitivity=1.0, site_id=‘default’, session_id=None, send_audio_captured=None, lang=None, custom_entities=None)

If i try to issue arecord during the test or wake up, I still can record so I guess my device isn’t even locked.

If I change the device and set “default:CARD:PCH”, it locks my device, but still I don’t get anything out of it.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for the help

The isssue is most probably the above quote, not the audio input.
Also because in the log you can see that the hotword is detected

I think the mike is working fine, but you need to configure the rest of Rhasspy correctly too

You’re right, I was missing the dialogue management, now it’s working, thanks!