Advice needed for implementing infrared transmitter

I’m using a respeaker2 module and running rhasspy, mosquitto,nodered and pigpiod in docker-containers.
I’ d like to add an ir-led for remote control to the system. I wonder which way I should go?
Could the pigpiod be used for transmitting ir-remote control data? That would be a great solution
because in that case I don’t have to add an extra container. I see that there exists also lirc containers, but
one of the things I noticed experimenting with lirc is that you can’t have both an ir-receiver and ir-transmitter with one lirc-daemon.

Could someone here give me advice which way to go?

kind regards,
Hugo

I think you’re better off on another forum for this question, Hugo. This doesn’t have anything to do with Rhasspy. This shouldn’t become an home automation forum :slight_smile:

I think you’re better off on another forum for this question, Hugo. This doesn’t have anything to do with Rhasspy. This shouldn’t become an home automation forum

OK, any suggestions?

kind regards,
Hugo

Try the nodered forum :blush:
My first question would be how comfortable are you with arduino/esp things?
You can flash a wemos d1 mini with tasmota.
This allows you to control or devices of different ir protocols without any coding necessary if you connect an ir led to the wemos ( https://tasmota.github.io/docs/Tasmota-IR/ ). You dont even need to solder if you get a wemos with the pin headers pre soldered and one of the ir leds on a little breakout. Just connect them with dupont cables. You can than communicate with the tasmota wemos over mqtt from nodered.
Its a very cheap diy solution and not to hard to set up.
I have a similar setup to turn on and off an extraction fan over ir with voice commands.
Or you could go the more expensive and less diy way and get a harmony hub which there is also a nodered node integration for.

Johannes

1 Like

Use Broadlink RM Mini3:

and control:
1 Like

You could use an esp8266 with adapter and install esphome. Connect IR led to the TX and GND and you have a very compact IR transmitter / receiver.

1 Like