STT Speeds on local pi setup

@Sikk
Could you try add this in advanced settings?

"speech_to_text": {
        "system": "kaldi"
    }

hey @frkos
i have it enabled by now :slight_smile:

but struggling with other problems right now

KaldiDecoder	Missing HCLG.fst	Graph not found at /share/rhasspy/profiles/de/kaldi/model/graph/HCLG.fst. Did you train your profile?

Already tried to delete everything and let it download againā€¦

maybe iā€™m doing something wrong with the paths

"kaldi": {
        "base_dictionary": "base_dictionary.txt",
        "custom_words": "custom_words.txt",
        "dictionary": "dictionary.txt",
        "kaldi_dir": "/share/rhasspy/profiles/de/kaldi",
        "language_model": "language_model.txt",
        "model_dir": "kaldi/model",
        "phoneme_examples": "phoneme_examples.txt",
        "phoneme_map": "espeak_phonemes.txt",
        "unknown_words": "unknown_words.txt"
    },

Hi @Sikk

Did you train your profile?
Btw, I have no settings for Kaldi, just the code I posted above.
Try to delete your settings, Rhasspy will use default ones in that case

1 Like

Thats the solution :slight_smile:

Itā€™s working now - seems to work really well - but takes ages to transcribe now, on raspi 3B :slight_smile:

Great!
Yes, it takes about 9 seconds for me too

Iā€™m waiting for Kaldi online encoding option, which I believe will be implemented sometime :nerd_face:
Hi @synesthesiam I remember it was on a roadmap, is it still there? :nerd_face: :see_no_evil: all other thing in Rhasspy works absolutely perfect for me :partying_face:

Yes :slight_smile: This has been successfully implemented in version 2.5. Iā€™m also switching all the Kaldi models to the faster 250 versions, so this plus online decoding should make things much faster :monkey_face:

3 Likes

The best morning news I have ever read :upside_down_face:
Thank you

That seems to be a german language problem. I saw this several times now and had this error, too.

Jeah I guess so now. Iā€™m having the same issue. Will try to figure out tomorrow how to reproduce it so itā€™s easier to fix.

Basically this is an issue with saving and loading settings I guess. Almost every time Iā€™m saving something in my settings and rhasspy restarts afterwards the en profile is shown and all default settings are set. The only way Iā€™ve figured out to work around is to restart the docker container. At first I thought that my browser is caching something, but opening the webUI using a private mode window, closing it and open a new one isnā€™t changing anything after the restart.