Rhasspy, Respeaker and Openhabian/Home Assistant - Most easy setup?

Ok perfect. Yes MQTT is setup internal in Rhasspy. Should it looks like this? It says disconnected so it has probably an issue. my setup is a raspberry pi with everything docker installed. No add-on tab in HA.

Yes, I see it is disconnected indeed
I am not sure about the port, please try 1883 as well

Can post a screen shot what is coming out of the debug from the websocket? The text you pasted earlier was a bit hard to read. I can compare that with my out and that should be the same :slight_smile:

1 Like

Debug websocket image

Port 1883 test, not working I believe

OK, then you port was correct and it is a bit strange there is no message.

I will check the websocket messages on my end :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the technical help. Much appreciated. Rhasspy seems like a very great and powerful tool for home automation. I hope we can find a solution together. Have great one

Since your ws is connected to /api/events, I think it should send events.
When I switched to intents, no response was visible on the ws endpoint (it also says so in the settings)

What is on the connection tab of the serversettings for the MQTT node?
In your picture, the Server is just a name. Might be depending on the nodered version.

1 Like

Here is the connection tab

I had to install a zwave to mqtt socket to be able to use my Zwave usb key. It might be the reason the connection isn’t working. I am not sure so I will just give you the detail so you have more information.

Your port should be the default internal port 12183, is it still disconnected after that?

No… not connecting on neither port

hmmm, that is strange.
Is there anything in the logs files? Maybe a mosquitto is already running or something.

Where is the logs file? Do you mean on a specific instance (Rhasspy, node red) or logs from the raspberry? I do not know exactly what mosquitto is. I haven’t downloaded any MQTT I believe. Is it done automatically with rhasspy ?

Soryr, yes the Rhasspy instance: docker logs rhasspy I assume

1 Like

Thank you for keeping up with me. Here is what I have in logs:

Ah ok, that looks like an error :wink:

Can you post your profile.json? You can find it under advanced:

I scrollt back a little and I see in your home assistant url no http:// in front of the ip address.
Together with the invalid url message, this might be the problem.

Your URL should be http://192.168.1.75:8123, if that is the IP address of you Home Assistant instance.

2 Likes

The issue was that the http:// was missing in my Rhasspy, HA config like you mentionned. Thank you very much. I will be able to explore and start configuring my setup. I’m very hyped. :smiley: Hope you have a great day and thank you for putting time with me. Since I have you, I will go ahead and ask a last easy question. I was interested by Rhasspy and HA because of the decentralized and privacy preserving ideology. I just want to use my home automation setup without worrying about data leaks or being listened too. Is it possible and a better practice to use my setup completely offline? I don’t want to overkill but want the best privacy preserving and decentralized setup possible. Thank you again

Possible yes, with Rhasspy and Home Assistant everything can be offline.
Best practice? That is a matter of opinion and personal preference :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok perfect thanks, if it is connected to internet, is there any operating security risks?
Also, let say I want to add a TTS answer after my open bedroom light command, how would I proceed?
I have used the tutorial with node red to setup the TTS tab. It is working. I would like to add specific TTS command to specific intent. Can you please give me the small step to do this? Thank you again sir.

There are a number of methods, but I have 1 that I use.

I have set Rhasspy to send events (not intents). That option is available under the Intent Handling setting:

Whenever you make a command, Rhasspy sends events in with the name rhasspy_<Intentname>
So if you have a [Lights] intent in your sentences, an event is fired with the name rhasspy_Lights.

Create an automation which is fired an that event. See my example here:

1 Like

What do you exactly mean with “it” in this sentence?

Wait, we just setup up the intents handling to make my automation get trigged and if I want to add an answer I have to change my whole setup??