Rhasspy 2.5.8 Released

The next version of Rhasspy (2.5.9) is finally upgrading the DeepSpeech service to v0.9. I’m including updated models, and I’ve also managed to get streaming speech working too (decoding as you’re speaking).

I’m hoping this will solve a lot of the performance problems with DeepSpeech on the Raspberry Pi’s. Larynx is another issue, unfortunately; I don’t know that there’s going to be any performance improvements for it that I can make for a while.

Funny I was just looking this morning to understand how to update DeepSpeech to 0.9 XD

Do you have an ETA on Rhasspy 2.5.9? Also, since we’re on the subject: what’s the easiest way to update Rhasspy? Didn’t see anything in the docs.

I think I read you’re using Docker. If so, you can just stop and delete the container and then create a new container with the latest image (either by pulling the image first, or pulling it when you create the container).

I’m new to Docker, would that keep my settings and everything? Or would I need to set it all up again?

It’ll keep your settings as long as you followed the tutorial and did a -v <external_directory>:/profiles in your docker run command.

If you’re nervous, there’s a “Backup Profile” button in the settings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hoping either today or this weekend :+1:

4 Likes