Respeaker 2 Hat - Buster - Rhasspy + HA as service install + picotts + snips wakeword

Its very dependent how you have things set up as guess rhasspy is playing to the snapcast server named pipe and then that comes back to the snapcast client which plays on eci.

So really its external to a container anyway if that is how you have things set up but the problem is the eci pcm is not avail for rhasppy.
So really you need to set up in side the rhasspy conatiner if rhasppy is in a container with snapcast and add that port to your docker run.

You need to post your logs and what errors you are getting

So yes, I believe the reason I cannot see the eci and eco within my Rhasspy install is because of the docker file im using. I will try to modifiy it, and see if it can get these 2 exposed to rhasspy.
However, I probably should try and tackle only one issue at a time.

So the setup currently is the following:

1. Snapcast Server which gets audio from a librespot pipe (Spotify). - This machine is also running rhasspy as the server
  2. Snapclient which should play this output on ECI - This machine is also running rhasspy as a satellite.

As to the errors:
If I start snapclient with the sound output directed to eci then i get the following:

Jan 20 16:25:08 raspberrypi snapclient[1313]: ALSA lib pcm_file.c:358:(snd_pcm_file_write_bytes) write failed: Bad file descriptorJan 20 16:25:08 raspberrypi snapclient[1313]: ALSA lib pcm_file.c:358:(snd_pcm_file_write_bytes) write failed: Bad file descriptorJan 20 16:25:08 raspberrypi snapclient[1313]: ALSA lib pcm_file.c:358:(snd_pcm_file_write_bytes) write failed: Bad file descriptorJan 20 16:25:08 raspberrypi snapclient[1313]: ALSA lib pcm_file.c:358:(snd_pcm_file_write_bytes) write failed: Bad file descriptorJan 20 16:25:08 raspberrypi snapclient[1313]: snapclient: pcm_file.c:397: snd_pcm_file_add_frames: Assertion `file->wbuf_used_bytes < file->wbuf_size_bytes' failed.
Jan 20 16:25:08 raspberrypi systemd[1]: snapclient.service: Main process exited, code=killed, status=6/ABRT
Jan 20 16:25:08 raspberrypi systemd[1]: snapclient.service: Failed with result 'signal'.
Jan 20 16:25:09 raspberrypi systemd[1]: snapclient.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
Jan 20 16:25:09 raspberrypi systemd[1]: snapclient.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 1.

aplay -D eci example.wav works fine though.

Yeah basically connect to the docker container and install from within.
Have never done it but that should work as even if you expose ECI/ECO(as unsure how) the alsa libs from host to container are completely separate instances.