Problem connecting to Home Assistant

Ok, could this be a permissions thing. When you place the cert in your profile folder what user and group own it and what are the file permissions?

@impeham, the suspense, is killing me, did you get it to work?

hey, sorry - was quite busy.

the permissions are exactly the same as all other files on the same folder so doesn’t look like the cause.

i made it temporarily work by editing “intent_handler.py” inside the docker container (which will probably be overwritten sometime when i update the docker).

i changed the code to always send “False” in the call to HASS which disables the certificate verification:

if self.pem_file is not None:
  kwargs["verify"] = False
response = requests.post(post_url, **kwargs)

this is working but i’m still trying to figure out why it fails to use the certificate file. the next thing i’ll do is add logs and try to see what is going on when i loads - hopefully will get to something.

if i get any new info i’ll post here. open to other ideas also.

Damn, ok I have one other thought, instead of using “certificate.pem” change it to “fullchain.pem”

why would that matter? just a name actually… there is no meaning to the name itself

When search for a fix I came across that, and it was referring to fullchain.pem like that is what Rhasspy was looking for, but it just might have been what the user was calling it. Worth a try, I’m out of ideas.

Hi there

I’ve run into the exact same problem, did you find a workaround ?

just by changing the code as i mentioned

Having the exact same issues, could you by any chance post where the intent_handler.py file resides in the docker image? Thanks