Ideal Settings for reSpeaker 2-mic hat

Its prob alsamixer / amixer settings you prob need to go back to a known default that someone says works such as @JGKK

Could be the mics but doubt it as know how easy it is to get the settings wrong as spent far to much time headscracting with those 2 mic things.
I really hate the respeaker hats as the above will testify so prob wrong persong to ask, apols. (All hats to be honest) any decent mic with beamforming is usually usb and a decent mic hat doesn’t exist just some audio chips where they have tacked on mems even if more than 1 is relatively pointless.

I installed hermesledcontrol which installed the driver by itself.

The strange noise on the capture of my respeaker 2 seems to be caused by this automatic driver install.
After i installed the driver by myself it disappeared.

thank you, works very well, wake word works almost perfect now !

What did you do exactly to fix his hissing sound? How did you install the driver yourself? Did you uninstall hermesledcontrol or the automatically installed driver first?

I dont know anymore. I would remove the driver and reinstall them myself If this dont work, i would reinstall the raspi and install all needed drivers before hermes led control.

delete your /etc/asound.conf or and .asound.rc just to get things back to default.
go into your seeed-voicecard folder and sudo ./uninstall.sh

The install from seeed works fine for me as long as you remember if 64bit use the 64bit installer ./install64bit.sh or whatever its called than ./install.sh

About the only difference from a diy install will be the /etc/asound.conf but always did hate the way the implement the drivers but currently they seem to work fine.
About the only weird thing is their total bogus claim that speex rate converter is bad as it works with much less noise and that has been an urban myth for quite some time now.
The default samplerate converter is speex so maybe remark out the heavier weight audiophile convertor from asound.conf but their conf seem to work fine but haven’t used much in a while.
is it alsactl clean -c<cardno.> to set to default ?
Usually sound problems happen by using the wrong setting and not check arecord -l and -L to get the right name and using hw:x instead of plughw:x which has auto sample rate conversion.

Personally I have become very conscious that instructions on internet assume that you are using the same configuration as the author, and how quickly they become out-of-date. I have become even more wary when it’s a program promising to do magic.

I installed the reSpeaker drivers, tested arecord, installed rhasspy, and finally installed HermesLedControl without getting it to update the reSpeaker drivers. It works well … though I admit there was a fair bit of fiddling to get it all working. I guess its time to tidy up and publish my own installation notes.

1 Like

As i had this problem i changed settings a lot, i freshly installed the whole thing on another pi, nothing helped.
So i think its really the driver install. I dont know if HLC maybe choose the wrong one.

To install a Respeaker, I suggest you follow this link ReSpeaker pour raspberry - Coxprod DIY It’s in French but you will have no problem following the procedure to install, configure and test your audio system. Then you can install Rhasspy and follow this link where you will find the procedure to disable the native audio of the raspberry so as not to have any conflict with the Respeaker
Rhasspy Assistant Tips n Tricks | Jeedom by KiboOst and also how to install HLC and configure it Rhasspy Assistant Tips n Tricks | Jeedom by KiboOst (Thanks to Kiboost for this excellent repository).
Good luck