How I'm Integrating between Rhasspy and Home Assistant

This seems amazing! I just finished installing rhasspy and I love it but there is close to none examples or documentation in how to make it work with home assistant efficiently. Right know I have Rhasspy in an individual Pi and connect it to home assistant with the MQTT. Can I update that rhasspy with home intent and it will continue to work with my separate instance of HA or does it has to be in the same build?

Thank you and congratulations for such an amazing project! I am extremely hoping in can grow bigger!

You can connect Home Intent up to an existing Rhasspy instance. It can run on the same pi or a different one, as long as it can access Rhasspy and Home Assistant it should be good! I have a Pi 4 that runs Home Assistant, Rhasspy, and Home Intent, but have also set things up with Rhasspy and Home Intent on a different Pi.

Take a look at our documentation on connecting to an existing Rhasspy instance. The general getting started will also be useful.

Good luck!

Thank you very much! Do you think you can explain how to do the docker-compose or so? I have no idea how or what to modify rhasspy. I just followed the guide from the rhasspy webpage to install it and I have configured everything through the web gui and don’t know how to change anything else.

there is also a wiki page:

Just in case anyone runs into this in the future, it’s the friendly names if you can’t get Rhasspy to train with specific domains. They can’t have special characters in them of any kind (that I am aware of) and have them work with simple intents or Rhasspy will throw an odd error when trying to train even if only one friendly name has a special character for that domain. I updated the friendly names and removed a lot of orphaned entities so no special characters at all for the domains I wanted to expose (lights, switches, scripts, media_players, groups and covers). Then the below in the intents/homeassistant.ini file (or whatever you main ini file is named) and everything just works. Now, it’s "turn on script.name, turn off medai_player.name, ect…) so no fancy verbiage but all the domains just work plus the few extra ones I added I added to the main intents file.

I did follow this walk through off YouTube from that had me download something from github via ssh directly from the HA server. It also had you create some simple slots for colors for say, light bulbs. I thought it would be a nightmare to write all those intents so glad it worked out that way although now that Nabu Casa has hired the guy who wrote Rhasspy and HA has said this is the “year of voice” hopefully whatever native voice assistant HA comes up with is better then this. I mean, they already hired the guy who wrote Rhasspy so… In there court to screw up.

I just need my smart home, timers, weather and time/date to finally get rid of Alexa, especially now that I found out that any 2nd or 3rd gen up model have a radio that only runs at 900mhz for them them to build BT/radio mesh networks for Amazon “Streets” or whatever it is they are building with their doorbells also to form the mesh networks. Zero reason a 900mhz radio needs to be in a voice assistant.

Regardless, it’s the friendly names. I think it will let you get away with any words it can’t understand or you can just accept the suggestions.

[HassTurnOn]
lights = $hass/entities,light
switches = $hass/entities,switch
groups = $hass/entities,group
mediaplayers = $hass/entities,media_player
scripts = $hass/entities,script
entities = <lights> | <switches> | <groups> | <mediaplayers> | <scripts>
turn on [the] (<entities>){name}

[HassTurnOff]
turn off [the] (<HassTurnOn.entities>){name}

[HassToggle]
entities = <HassTurnOn.entities>
toggle [the] (<entities>){name}

[HassOpenCover]
covers = $hass/entities,cover
open [the] (<covers>){name}

[HassCloseCover]
close [the] (<HassOpenCover.covers>){name}

[HassLightSet]
set [the] (<HassTurnOn.lights>){name} [color] to ($hass/colors){color}
set [the] (<HassTurnOn.lights>){name} brightness to (0..100){brightness}
set [the] (<HassTurnOn.lights>){name} to (0..100){brightness} percent brightness